Thursday 27 January 2011

Back to librarying!

Today I posted off my second assignment for Studies in Management, part of the Aberystwyth course. In between training for the new job and moving house, this one module has taken me 18 months to complete, so naturally, I'm a little relieved. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed management - I'd done business studies and sociology at school, and a lot of this stuff linked the two really nicely. But 18 months, when it should really have been four...I'm so glad it's over!

How do I intend to celebrate? By throwing myself con brio into the next module (Information Organisation and Retrieval, or for those in the know, Cat & Class) with the intention of finishing both it and another twenty credits by March so that I can attend my third study school in April. A tall order, I realise. Particularly now term's started up in a big way, and every weekend until mid-March is occupied. On the bright side, two of my orchestras have their concert on the same day, so I'm going to have to pick one, which means there'll be no point me rehearsing with the other one, which gives me another evening free each week.

pcorreia at Flickr
I mentioned my joy at being able to return (cue hasty counting on fingers) seven books to the UL and to the Judge Institute to a friend, and he likened it to a ritual burning (in fact, 'returning' is almost a portmanteau of 'ritual' and 'burning' now that I look at it). I've only ever actually burnt one book in my life - following an arduous year of failing to learn German, I chose French as my GCSE option and disposed of my German exercise book in the barbecue at home. Fun times.

2 comments:

Final Thoughts

Made it! So, in the end, what do I think? Image by Ralf Kunze from Pixabay I did this as a way of trying to stay connected with my l...