Thursday 2 September 2010

Oh to be an Aaronson...

I wonder how many of my fellow Cam23ers are doing the same as me? "Have done something not entirely unrelated to 23 Things - MUST BLOG ABOUT IT!!!"

The Closing Ceremony was a typically glamorous and glitzy affair, featuring wine and balloons with a strong performance by supporting nibbles. I felt overwhelmed by the number of little groups all chatting and laughing uproariously but was swiftly adopted by a couple of UL staff.

The talks were so good. Helen's ability to orate so fluidly without props or cues of any kind is nothing short of amazing, and Angela's dissection of the experience was very humorous. And I'm signed up to TeachMeet as a lurker and really looking forward to it now! (Oh dear, there's that word really again. Didn't my Wordle teach me anything?)

But it was then to be the most gruelling experience of my life¹ as I waited with bated breath to hear whether or not I had actually passed. I mean, I was fairly sure I had, but until I had that certificate in my hand, I wasn't going to be popping the cork on any champagne.

And then?

It flippin' ran alphabetically, didn't it! But after 60 rounds of applause, I heard my name called, and if that wasn't sufficient (I know for a fact that I'm not the only person with my name in the University), there was a picture of my blog, with my lolcat image filched for my blogpost about Wikipedia. Phew. I passed. Officially.

And here's the proof.
Success!!!


¹ Okay, maybe not the most gruelling. Perhaps the nineteenth most, between having to teach plagal cadences to A level students at number 20 and falling out of a bobsleigh² travelling at about 30 mph in the Netherlands at number 18.

² Just a few friction burns and the feeling of life passing before my eyes, other than that I was fine. Wasn't allowed to go on the zipline afterwards though.

6 comments:

  1. It's at times like that it is good to have surname that starts with B ;)

    Great evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I was also fighting the urge to write a post last night and might still write one today :)

    It was so nice to be able to put faces to blog names, even though I didn't get a chance to speak to you properly I look forward to meeting you at the TeachMeet in a couple of weeks!

    Celine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Celine said - sorry I didn't get to meet you properly, and see you at TeachMeet (we're so pleased that our wiki came back!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, and teaching plagal cadences to A-level students is only number 20? You're made of stronger stuff than me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Celine said revisited! Thanks also for the compliment. See you at TeachMeet! PS Library books heading back today--sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No! Now I have no excuse to avoid Studies in Management!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Final Thoughts

Made it! So, in the end, what do I think? Image by Ralf Kunze from Pixabay I did this as a way of trying to stay connected with my l...