Thursday 1 July 2010

Technology headaches and Twitter

On to thing 7! My account is duly created on Twitter. I update my status. So far, so good. I try to follow the cam23 list. I don't know, perhaps it's because I've left it so late (I am 6 things behind at the moment!) the list is too long, but for whatever reason, it crashes, taking Firefox and my computer with it.

Not a problem. I reboot, restart Firefox, and try again. Most of the list are saved as people I'm following, so that's probably fine. I'm now following MLA and CILIP too.

I need to reply and retweet, and check in, so I'll update how I'm getting on in a while. In the meantime, I am going to be proactive and find a way to add Twitter to my iGoogle page.



[EDIT] I've added it, and my reader looks empty because I gasped in horror at the number of posts I had to read (234), panicked, and feeling overwhelmed, read three and promptly marked all the rest as read. I feel guilty, because I'm used to reading everything, but I know I can't possibly do that and try and continue doing my own things. But how do you tell what's useful? And when everything you read is useful, how do you limit yourself?

2 comments:

  1. This link might come in useful if you are trying to read everything (a great temptation):

    http://www.lastpageoftheinternet.co.uk/

    There are lots of other versions available.

    ReplyDelete

Final Thoughts

Made it! So, in the end, what do I think? Image by Ralf Kunze from Pixabay I did this as a way of trying to stay connected with my l...