Tuesday 14 April 2020

Environment

Eesh, 4-day weekend means the days have caught up with me and now I'm behind schedule again. Doesn't help that this one hasn't inspired me in the slightest!

Just before lockdown we did receive this book, which I ordered not too long ago:


I think it is available at the UL as well, although there seems to be a bit of discrepancy between titles (theirs is Eco-Visionaries: Conservations for a Wrecked Planet, which is a bit more harrowing a subtitle, but has the same ISBN) - I hadn't got around to cataloguing our copy before the great lockdown, but we do have it. Climate change and environmental catastrophe affects us all, and this is a conversation between artists and architects, discussing very real and present problems such as species extinction, depletion of finite resources and our future.

It follows a previous touring exhibition in Europe, which resulted in another book: Eco-Visionaries: Art, Architecture, and New Media after the Anthropocene, which asks similar questions. I can't help but feel that if we survive Covid-19, another chapter will need to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Thoughts

Made it! So, in the end, what do I think? Image by Ralf Kunze from Pixabay I did this as a way of trying to stay connected with my l...