Monday 20 April 2020

Unusual Item

Naturally I'm a bit limited by what I've got with me, but there was something that did spring to mind for this prompt:




Surprise! It's an exhibition catalogue!

I chose it because we have lots of exhibition catalogues which are catalogues of an exhibition, but this is the first catalogue I've ever seen which is a catalogue of exhibitions - that rather tickled me.

Included with it is a letter from the Keeper of Circulation, which is another aspect about it that I like - we don't have curators here in the museum, we have Keepers. The Keeper of Applied Arts, Keeper of Paintings, Drawings and Prints and so on. We even have a Keeper of Administration, though sadly the head of security is not called the Keeper of the Keys which is a shame because that would be AWESOME.



And there's an application form too - unfortunately it looks like we missed our chance, because we didn't send it back before October 1966. But given I appear to have two copies of this catalogue in the collection, maybe we even had three and returned our form to book our loan exhibition from the V&A?


One day, I would love to see our annual reports fully digitised, and it would take seconds to see what exhibitions we had in a particular year - that day is not today, and I'm acutely feeling the loss of not having any of the annual reports with me at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Thoughts

Made it! So, in the end, what do I think? Image by Ralf Kunze from Pixabay I did this as a way of trying to stay connected with my l...