Sunday 26 April 2020

Something Scary

I'm going to completely ignore the prompt today. We've got all the scary we can deal with at the moment, and I think it's time to revisit something Stephen Fry once talked about on QI - Room Lovely (the antithesis of Room 101).

So I'm going to list a few of my favourite things, and things that are making me smile or bringing me comfort. Hopefully you've got a list of these things too, and no matter how short the list might be, or how trivial you think some of the things on it might be, I hope it brings you comfort too.

Crochet is a relaxing - and productive - way to spend time!
  1. My family, and the fact that I've got my nuclear family here in lockdown with me. My bonkers children make me smile most days, even though there are the usual hair-tearing moments!
  2. Crochet
  3. Sitting by a window so that the sun shines on my feet
  4. Watching the birds in the garden
  5. Mashed potato
  6. Catching up more often with people precisely because we can't meet face to face anymore
  7. Seeing the results of less traffic in pictures - like seeing the Himalayas clearly for the first time in years
  8. Reading
  9. Not having to commute - I have three extra hours a day now, and this really has been a balm to my soul
  10. Cat memes - a perennial favourite!
Himalays rising above a north Indian city - via TrailMagazine
Surprisingly, music hasn't made it onto the list. I haven't felt up to playing music since lockdown began, which is really weird, but I just don't think I'm in the right mental place for it, which is annoying since I have a lot more opportunity to do it now!

What's on your Room Lovely list? Why not share in the comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Thoughts

Made it! So, in the end, what do I think? Image by Ralf Kunze from Pixabay I did this as a way of trying to stay connected with my l...