Saturday 25 April 2020

Fashion

Cardies, glasses and hair in a bun, right? Simple! Done.


It's not that far from the truth when I'm at work - I tend to wear jeans because the basement is kinda filthy and I don't wear my smartest clothes at the moment because with a toddler around I'll come to work and find someone has left toothpaste on my shoulder, or Rice Krispies on my sleeve, so on the top a short-sleeve top and cardie tends to be the uniform.

Since lockdown it's a whole different ballgame though - no readers, no uniform! So at the moment only my team (which is a hotch-potch of research facilitator, registrar, exhibitions officer and assistant director) get to see me. I still wear jeans because I live in jeans (slobby tracky bums are just a bit too slobby for me), and then they've been subjected to my personal fashion taste, which mainly runs to retro kids tv and American sports.


So we've had Dungeons & Dragons, Seattle Seahawks, Rainbow Brite, He-Man, NY Mets, Transformers, MLP: Friendship is Magic, Battle of the Planets, Yankees... I don't know if anyone follows Gyles Brandreth on Twitter, who's been wearing a different jumper every day for lockdown. I could probably manage much the same with my t-shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Thoughts

Made it! So, in the end, what do I think? Image by Ralf Kunze from Pixabay I did this as a way of trying to stay connected with my l...